DIRECTOR OF SCHOOL
Prof. Dr. Daniel Ochieng Orwenjo
B.Ed, MA, (Kenyatta University) PhD ( University of Frankfurt)
DIRECTOR, CENTRE FOR LANGUAGE AND COMMMUNICATION STUDIES
Associate Professor of Applied Linguistics, Centre for Language and Communication Studies
Academic Team Leader, Department of Kiswahili and African languages
Our alumni who are scattered across the globe must be looking for opportunities to connect with each other to share experiences and information which may be of interest to them. The main objective of the Director of the Alumni Affairs Office is to build a lifelong relationship between students, alumni and the University through Alumni Association.
The Centre, housed in the Faculty of Social Sciences and Technology, is currently composed of the following departments:
- Department of Modern and Classical Languages
- Department of English and Creative Writing
- Department of Translation and Multilingual Communication
- Department of Kiswahili and African languages
Teaching and research in the above departments currently focus primarily (but not exclusively) on the following areas: Communication Skills, French, German and Kenyan Sign Language (KSL). Teaching in these areas takes place within the corresponding units alongside research and consultancy.
Centre for Language and Communication Studies (CLCS)
The Centre for Language and Communication Studies (CLCS) is established by the Technical University of Kenya within the framework of the university’s newly established structure, and in line with its mission and vision. In line with the mission and vision of The Technical University of Kenya, The center is envisaged to have a triple mandate focusing on research, teaching and consultancy…>>read more>>
To provide quality language and communication training, consultancy and research services.
The main objectives guiding the activities of the Centre for Language and Communication Studies are:
- To equip students and the general public with broad and practical knowledge in language use and communicative competencies necessary for everyday interaction.
- To conduct high grade research that responds to the modern world’s challenges of understanding the complex and evolving language and communication environments
- To provide high quality academic education in language and communication studies.
- To provide relevant professional development courses on languages and communication, workshops and seminar to students, staff and members of the public.
- To forge local and international collaborations and coo-operations in the areas of languages and communication studies between TUK and other institutions.
Welcome to the Centre for Language and Communication Studies
Get in Touch with Us
- Contact Information
- The Technical University of Kenya
- P.O. Box 52428 - 00200
- Nairobi- Kenya.
- Located along Haile Selassie Avenue
- Tel: +254(020) 2219929, 3341639, 3343672
- C BLOCK, ROOM C 15